Local Catholic leaders to attend Amazing Parish Conference in Atlanta
More than 80 representatives from 15 parishes across the Diocese of Toledo will be attending the Amazing Parish Conference to develop their leadership skills to better serve their parishioners.
The conference is March 13-15 in Atlanta, and offers a practical, one-of-a-kind experience for parish leaders.
Amazing Parish utilizes a workshop-style format so pastors and parish leadership team members can work side-by-side to learn how to best serve their parishioners. By the end of the conference, attendees will have a clear, practical vision of what leadership can look like at their parish and how to implement what they have learned.
“This conference is effective because it can take away the sense that the pastor is alone by surrounding him with a highly functional team of his laity that is ready to go beyond their specific roles and consider the needs of the parish as a whole,” said Alan Badia, coordinator of evangelization and pastoral care for the Diocese of Toledo. “This, in my opinion, removes the greatest obstacle to evangelization and reaching the lost today, which is removing silos in our parish staffs and uniting them in the mission of their parish through healthy organization skills.”
The conference also offers opportunities for personal and spiritual renewal with daily Mass, confession and Eucharistic Adoration.
Bishop Daniel E. Thomas and six other representatives from the Diocesan offices will also be in attendance
Conference speakers include Amazing Parish co-founder and New York Times best-selling author Pat Lencioni; Grammy-nominated recording artist, songwriter and worship leader Matt Maher; internationally-acclaimed author and speaker Matthew Kelly; and others.
Founded in 2014, Amazing Parish is an organization that exists to revitalize the Church by equipping pastors and leaders with the training, resources and support they need to create vibrant and thriving parishes. Based on three common “building blocks” including: a reliance on prayer and the Sacraments; a commitment to a healthy organization; and a passion for evangelization and discipleship.
- Parish: St. Patrick of Heatherdowns. Pastor: Fr. Tony Borgia
- Parish: All Saints New Riegel. Pastor: Fr. Tim Kummerer
- Parish: Holy Trinity Swanton. Pastor: Fr. Michael Dandurand
- Parish: St. Aloysius Bowling Green. Pastor: Fr. Mark Davis
- Parish: Toledo Epiphany. Pastor: Fr. Michael Geiger
- Parish: St. Charles Borromeo Lima. Pastor: Fr. Kent Kaufman
- Parish: St. Peter Huron. Pastor: Fr. Jeff McBeth
- Parish: St. Mary Shelby. Pastor: Fr. Chris Mileski
- Parish: Regina Coeli. Pastor: Fr. John Miller
- Parish: St. John Defiance. Pastor: Fr. Eric Mueller
- Parish: Divine Mercy Paulding. Pastor: Fr. Joseph Poggemeyer
- Parish: St. Jerome Walbridge. Pastor: Fr. Eric Schild
- Parish: St. Richard Swanton. Pastoral Leader: Dcn. Gerry Ziemkiewicz
- Parish: St. Mary Edgerton. Pastor: Fr. Daniel Borgelt