This office provides accounting, accounts receivable, payable and payroll services for the central administrative offices and CCMT School. Administers the Diocesan Deposit and Loan program for the diocese, providing cash demand savings accounts and a pool of funds for loans to parishes, schools, and agencies of the diocese to fund building, acquisition and renovation projects.
Responsible for diocesan investments and accountable for all funds of the diocese. Provides auditing services to parishes and schools of the diocese to ensure proper accounting of parish funds. Consulting and training is available for pastors, administrators, finance councils and parish staff.
Finance Office Mission Statement
The Finance Office will continue to develop an organization that will provide highly valued professional services to the Diocese of Toledo and its affiliates. We will conduct our duties and responsibilities in such a manner as to be recognized as an equitable and respected contributor to the Diocese. We are faithfully committed to participating in the mission of the Catholic Church by being responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to our care; to foster a free exchange of ideas, innovations and teamwork; to operate as efficiently as possible without sacrificing pastoral quality of service and while upholding the highest degree of professionalism in all financial matters.
- To adhere to an uncompromising code of ethical and professional conduct in transacting Diocesan business while ensuring compliance with canonical law, civil law, and appropriate ordinances and regulations.
- To achieve and maintain creativity, innovation and teamwork; to create an environment where each role is meaningful and important in assisting the mission.
- To be faithful to our commitment of financial stewards by adhering to the highest standards of financial accountability.
- To continually pursue opportunities for improving service to the Diocesan community.
The Development Office is responsible for all fund development that includes the Annual Catholic Appeal, as well as facilitates the selling of stocks, bonds or mutual funds for the benefit of diocesan parishes, schools and ministries within the diocese.
The Fund Officer is located within the Development Office and provides support and assistance to parishes, schools and departments within the diocese. Responsibilities of the office include, planned giving, securing Major Gifts for the benefit of the diocese through Estate Gifts, and Life Insurance. If you are interested in donating a major gift to the Diocese of Toledo, contact Rodney Schuster at 419-244-6711.
The Diocese of Toledo is committed to following the highest ethical and professional standards in all of our ministries, and to enforcing both civil and canonical requirements regarding temporal goods.
EthicsPoint, Inc. serves as the independent, third party administrator for the financial misconduct hotline. Reports may be filed via the web or by calling one of EthicsPoint’s trained specialists toll-free at 1-866-384-4277.
Provides comprehensive General Liability and Casualty insurance coverage to diocesan locations.
1933 Spielbusch Avenue
Toledo, OH 43604
The Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) is the annual fundraising campaign which supports many of the educational, spiritual, and service ministries of the Diocese of Toledo.
Every Catholic family or individual is asked for their financial and prayerful support.
To make a donation to the ACA:
Please visit our online donation page by clicking here or you can send your gifts to the following address: PO Box 917, Toledo, OH 43697
For questions call 419.244.6711
Your Appeal Dollars at Work!
2018 Annual Catholic Appeal
Giving with Faith, Hope, and Love
Report as of January 1, 2019
Total Gifts & Pledges: $2,830,034.41
% Participation: 18
Parishes over Goal: 63
Direct Rollover Information
This form is for use by parishes if they have an individual who wishes to make a gift from their IRA under the “Pension Protection Act”.
2019 Audit Report
- Bishop’s 2019 Financial Letter
- Diocesan Finance Officer and Director 2019 Report
- Finance Council Chair 2019 Financial Letter
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Toledo Audited 2019 Combined Financial Statements
- Deposit and Loan Audited 2019 Financial Statements
2018 Audit Report
- Bishop’s 2018 Financial Letter
- Diocesan Finance Officer and Director 2018 Report
- Finance Council Chair 2018 Financial Letter
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Toledo Audited 2018 Combined Financial Statements
- Deposit and Loan Audited 2018 Financial Statements
2019 - 2020 Finance Council Trainings (please click dates below to register)
If you have additional questions, please contact David Williams, Audit Manager, at: email@example.com.