The Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ, (Corpus Christi), Sunday, June 19, 2022, began a three-year National Eucharistic Revival in the United States.
The mission and vision of this National Eucharistic Revival overflows with hope for a life changing experience of the Holy Eucharist—especially of the Mass—in the lives of all Catholics.
TIMELINE & TEAM
June 2022–June 2023: The Diocesan Year
The diocesan team will curate ideas, events and resources
June 2023–June 2024: The Parish Year
Every parish will strive to increase focus on and devotion to the Holy Eucharist
As part of the National Eucharistic Revival’s Diocesan Year, the Diocese of Toledo is sponsoring a contest for young people. Any parishioner or Catholic school student in Kindergarten through Grade 12 is invited to reflect on the question: What does the Eucharist mean to me?
There will be four divisions: primary (grades K-2), elementary (grades 3-5), middle school (grades 6-8), and high school (grades 9-12).
Participants may either write an essay of up to 1,000 words or create a piece of art, music, video, poem, or photograph. Read the complete contest rules. The contest begins now through the end of January. Prizes will be awarded in each division, and grand prize winners will be invited for a tour of Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral and pizza party with Bishop Thomas.
During this diocesan year of the National Eucharistic Revival, we are hosting seven Evenings of Eucharistic Revival across the Diocese of Toledo. Join us for a worshipful evening of prayer and Eucharistic Adoration to enhance our understanding of, love for, and living out of the Holy Eucharist.
- Sunday, January 29, 2023, at Our Lady of Consolation, Carey
- Sunday, February 5, 2023, at St. Michael the Archangel, Gibsonburg
- Sunday, February 12, 2023, at St. Patrick, Bryan
- Sunday, February 19, 2023, at St. Mary, Norwalk
- Sunday, March 12, 2023, at St. Peter, Mansfield
- Sunday, March 19, 2023, at St. Michael, Kalida
- Sunday, April 30, 2023, at St. John XXIII, Perrysburg
- Leading the Flock entitled "My Flesh for the Life of the World" by Bishop Daniel E. Thomas
- The Eucharistic Miracles of the World (the website created by Blessed Carlos Acutis)
- This Is My Body: One Girl’s Journey From Doubt to Belief
- Why Do Catholics Exclude Others from Receiving the Eucharist?
- Altaration: The Mystery of the Mass Revealed!
- God, Help Me: Getting Teens Excited about Mass
- What Nobody Ever Told Us, A Guide to Getting More Out of Catholic Mass by Fr. Phil Smith
- What Happens at Mass, Unfolding the Meaning of the Church’s Eucharist by Abbot Jeremy Driscoll
- The Lamb’s Supper by Scott Hahn
- A Biblical Walk through the Mass by Edward Sri
- Eucharist by Bishop Robert Barron
- Sacramentum Caritatis (Sacrament of Charity) by Pope Benedict XVI
- God Is Near Us: The Eucharist, the Heart of Life by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger
- Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist: Unlocking the Secrets of the Last Supper by Brant Pitre
- The Fourth Cup: Unveiling the Mystery of the Last Supper and the Cross by Scott Hahn
- The 7 Secrets of the Eucharist by Vinny Flynn
- The Eucharistic Miracles of the World (Catalogue of the Vatican International Exhibition) with forward by Cardinal Burke
- Carlo Acutis: The First Millennial Saint by Nicola Gori
- A Millennial in Paradise: Carlo Acutis by Fr. Will Conquer
- Eucharistic Miracles and Eucharistic Phenomena in the Lives of the Saints by Joan Carroll Cruz
- The Bishop of the Abandoned Tabernacle: Saint Manuel Gonzalez Garcia
PRAYER & DEVOTION
FORMED.org has an entire Eucharistic Revival section with video, audio and e-books.
If you do not have a FORMED account, contact your parish for login information.