If you are looking for other ways to support the Church beyond writing a check or using a credit card, you have come to the right place! Below is one of the many SMART WAYS to give that may work better for you and ensure the good works of the Church for a brighter future!
Smart Gifts through a donor-advised fund
Donating non-cash assets such as real estate can be more complex than other types of giving, requiring specialized knowledge and
expertise. Many charities are not equipped to handle these types of gifts. That's why many donors choose to donate through a donor-advised fund (DAF).
A DAF is a type of giving vehicle that allows donors to make a charitable contribution, receive an immediate tax deduction, and then recommend grants from the fund over time.Donor-advised funds allow donors the flexibility to support their favorite charities through a range of assets, including real estate.
- SMART GIFTS are easier
- Compliance and paperwork done for you
- Donor-advised funds are a type of giving vehicle that can handle non-cash assets such as real estate. This is a big benefit, as the process of donating real estate can be complex and time-consuming.
- By utilizing a DAF, you know that a team of experts is evaluating, processing, and managing the donation on your behalf. You receive a simplified receipt, and the donor-advised fund takes care of the rest.
- Flexible charitable donations abound. With tax-advantaged funds already set aside in your DAF, you can grant to the many programs and ministries within the Diocese of Toledo. This means you can recommend grants to those special programs of your choice now, and recommend other grants later.
- Save more come tax time.When you commit funds to a donor-advised fund, you can take an immediate tax deduction.
- Charitable dollars can grow tax-free
- And since DAFs can accept complex non-cash assets such as real estate, there’s no need to sell the property and then donate the proceeds. You save the hassle and avoid the capital gains tax of selling the real estate.
If you invest your DAF account, your balance can grow tax-free. This means that you can make an even bigger impact with your giving over time without having to worry about capital gains tax.
Contact Brian Doyle; Mission Advancement Officer at email@example.com or at 419.214.4951 to learn more about how you can give the gift of future support and create your legacy within the Diocese of Toledo and our Catholic community.