Representing Women in the Toledo Diocese
The Toledo Diocesan Council of Catholic Women (TDCCW) offers opportunities for deepening spirituality and for faith enrichment.
About the Organization
The TDCCW is composed of multiple women's parish organizations in the Diocese of Toledo. The TDCCW invites Catholic women to participate in opportunities which provide an increase awareness of current societal and moral issues in an effort to augment Catholic teachings and to educate women to respond with sound values when serving the Church. The TDCCW offers opportunities for deepening spirituality and for faith enrichment.
The TDCCW represents 19 counties in Northwest Ohio, which comprises the Toledo Diocese under the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Toledo. It was organized on April 11-12, 1928.
The TDCCW seeks to strengthen and to broaden the network of affiliated parish organizations by providing activities that respond to their needs and the needs of the Catholic Community. The TDCCW seeks to deepen spirituality, to provide motivation for evangelization, to provide educational opportunities for faith development, and challenge its member to respond with Gospel values in serving the Church and society.
- To unite Catholic women's organizations and individual Catholic women of the diocese; to develop their spiritual growth; to motivate and to assist them to act upon current issues in the Church and society.
- To be a medium through which the Catholic women of the diocese may speak and act on matters of concern.
- To be a representative Catholic women's group in relating to other organizations and diocesan agencies dealing with current concerns.
- To continue growth in a Christian relationship with women and men in the diocese.
The National Council of Catholic Women consists of thousand of Catholic women and affiliated (group) Catholic women's organizations in parishes and dioceses through the United States.
The NCCW was founded by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and is represented at the biannual meetings of the USCCB. NCCW is a member of the World Union of Catholic Women's Organizations (WUCWO). NCCW is a founding member and participant with the Religious Alliance Against Pornography and collaborates with Catholic Relief Services and Cross Catholic Outreach.
The National Council of Catholic women acts through its members to support, empower and educate all Catholic women in spirituality, leadership and service. NCCW programs respond with Gospel values to the needs of the church and society in the modern world.
- A voice for American Catholic women today.
- Transforming the world through prayer and action.
- Uniting affiliated Catholic women's groups and individual Catholic women in the U.S.
- Supporting social action through Gospel values.
- Training Catholic women to become leaders at the intersection of Church and Society.
- Providing a forum for Catholic women to speak and act on matter of mutual interest.