Lial Catholic School, located in Whitehouse, OH has an opening for a Principal position for the 2020-2021 school year. Lial is a PreK-8 multi-age continuous progress school sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame. Ideal candidates will be: a Practicing Catholic, have at least 3-5 years of teaching experience, and hold an Administrative license (or have administrative experience). Please send resume and references to Sr. Pat McClain- President, by Friday, February 14 to email@example.com
(Posted January 17, 2020)
Music Specialist Position, Grades K-8
Lial Catholic School in Whitehouse, Ohio is currently seeking resumes for the position of Music Specialist. The position is open beginning in the 2020-2021 school year. Lial is a Pre-K through 8th multi-aged, continuous progress school with 240 students. The position is full-time with benefits. Orff training and keyboard skills are important. Please send resumes and letters of interest to Sr. Patricia McClain at PMcClain@lialschool.org
(Posted January 17, 2020)
St. Joseph of Galion is in need of a Math Assistant for Grades 5-8. This is a part-time hourly position from 8:15 a.m.-11:15 a.m, four days a week; Monday through Wednesday and Fridays for the remainder of the school year. This position provides support to the Math teacher. The assistant will work with small groups to reinforce concepts introduced by the lead teacher. Experience with Eureka math and/or a strong math background preferred. College Education and teaching experience ideal. Candidate must have a FBI/BCI background check and complete VIRTUS training. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and references to Mrs. Janice Stupka at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Posted January 8, 2020)
St. Joan of Arc School in Toledo, Ohio is seeking high-quality candidates to join our staff. We have the following positions open:
Art (full-time, long-term sub beginning early February)
Enrichment (part-time, Tuesdays and Wednesdays beginning immediately)
Preferred applicants will be faith-filled, practicing members of the Catholic Church. Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and references to the principal, Mr. Gabriel Jakubisin at email@example.com
(Posted December 17, 2019)
St. Joan of Arc Catholic School is seeking experienced candidates for the position of Principal to serve as the educational and team leader to 50 teachers and staff, and more than 400 students from pre-school through 8th grade. Striking a balance between innovation, leadership, and administration will be a cornerstone of this position.
Scope of Position
This individual’s primary role is to create an environment dedicated to the threefold purpose of Catholic education:
- To teach the message revealed by God, which the Church proclaims
- To build community in the life of the Holy Spirit
- To serve others
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Organize, manage, and evaluate effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the entire school consistent with the mission, values, and goals of the parish and the Diocese of Toledo.
- Direct and evaluate curriculum and other instructional programs.
- Create benchmarks for student and teacher performance and track progress towards those goals.
- Organize, manage, and evaluate discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly environment.
- Respond timely to all required communications.
- Manage budgets and practice fiscal responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, administrative codes, and Diocesan regulations.
- Become a parishioner at St. Joan of Arc and continuously foster positive relations with the parish community.
- Very active practice of the Catholic faith with a verification from pastor that candidate attends Mass every Sunday and is active in parish life.
- Must know the humanities from a thoroughly Catholic perspective and have a strong Catholic vision for education.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds clearly, directly and concisely to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates appropriately in meetings.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of the ability to work with, support, and gain the respect of teachers.
- A Master’s degree (can be in progress) in an educational, management, or organizational discipline.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Teacher-Minister in a Catholic School.
- Have (or be in the process of obtaining) an Ohio Principal’s Licensure.
- Be in compliance with the Toledo Diocese’s Policy for the Protection of Minors and Young People, including applicable background checks.
- Have a significant level of computer knowledge, including expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions regarding the position can also be sent to this email address. Internal candidates are being considered. Please visit www.joanofarcschool.org for a virtual tour of our school.
(Posted December 17, 2019)
The Diocese of Toledo Catholic Education Department is looking to increase their substitute teacher pool. A successful candidate will have expertise in the content area or the appropriate teaching license in the State of Ohio and be passionate about teaching. Must successfully pass the required background check (FBI & BCI) and all requirements of the Program for Child and Youth Protection prior to employment. Must maintain a satisfactory background check throughout employment. Interested candidates please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
High School Long Term Substitute Math Teacher
St. John’s Jesuit High School & Academy is accepting resumes for a long-term Math substitute teacher beginning at the end of February. This position has the potential to turn into a full-time position for the 2020-2021 academic year. St. John’s Jesuit High School & Academy is an all-boys school serving approximately 750 students in grades 6-12. Candidates must have an expertise in the content area or appropriate teaching licensure in the State of Ohio. Candidates must teach and act in way to aid in the formation of Men for Others through the Graduate at Graduation; loving, open to growth, intellectually competent, religious, and committed to doing justice. Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to Katie Sliwinski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Posted January 28, 2020)
High School Long Term Substitute Science Teacher
Cardinal Stritch Catholic High School & Academy in Oregon, Ohio has an immediate opening for a long-term substitute Science Teacher for the second semester of the 2019-2020 school year. Successful candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, appropriate High School or 7-12 teaching certification, successful experience in student teaching or classroom teaching, and clear FBI/BCI background check. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to the Principal’s Administrative Assistant at email@example.com.
(Posted January 3, 2020)
Long-term substitute teacher
Lima Central Catholic is seeking a long-term substitute teacher to cover an eight week maternity leave teaching English/Language Arts to freshmen and sophomores, beginning in March 2020. A bachelor’s degree is required, ELA preferred, with the necessary teaching credentials from the Ohio Department of Education (substitute or professional license). Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to Principal Stephanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Posted December 19, 2019)
Head Track and Field Coach
Lima Central Catholic is accepting applications for the position of Head Track and Field Coach. Successful head coaching experience is preferred but not required. Candidates must have Pupil Activity Permit or be able to attain one along with all other OHSAA and Diocesan mandated coaching credentials. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to support the mission of LCC in leading the high school boys and girls track and field program. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and references to Athletic Director John Schnieders at email@example.com. Position open until filled.
(Posted December 19, 2019)
Head Varsity Football Coach
Cardinal Stritch Catholic High School & Academy ( Oregon ) is a Division VII school and a member of the Toledo Area Athletic Conference (TAAC ). We are seeking an individual that is motivated to continue to build the program and be involved in all aspects of the program and its development. Applicants must possess or be able to obtain a Pupil Activity Permit, pass an FBI/BCI background check, and support the values of Cardinal Stritch and the Diocese of Toledo. Please send letter of interest and resume to Athletic Director Dick Cromwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Posted December 10, 2019)
Head Volleyball Coach
Lima Central Catholic is accepting applications for the position of Head Volleyball Coach. Successful head coaching experience is preferred but not required. Candidates must have Pupil Activity Permit or be able to obtain one along with all other OHSAA and Diocesan mandated coaching credentials. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to support the mission of LCC in leading the middle school and high school volleyball program and take an active role in the youth developmental programs. Currently there are no teaching positions available. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and references to Athletic Director John Schnieders at email@example.com. Application deadline is December 31.
(Posted December 4, 2019)
St. Ursula Academy, Toledo's oldest Catholic, college preparatory school for girls' grades 6-12, is seeking a long-term substitute January through May 2020. A successful candidate should be passionate about teaching and hold licensure in one of the following content areas: Math and English (Grades 4-9), Math and Science(Grades 4-9), or Life Science (Grades 7-12). Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and references to Kathleen Schramm, Executive Assistant to the Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only email responses will be accepted.
(Posted November 6, 2019)
Custodial Supervisor Position
Saint Rose is looking for a Full-time Custodial Supervisor who will be responsible for the effective, efficient, and safe upkeep of the church and school campuses. Responsibilities include overseeing custodial staff, coordinating daily and weekly set up of events, creating cleaning schedules, scheduling minor repairs, purchasing supplies, working within a budget and assisting as necessary. This position reports to the business manager and works closely with the pastor, school principal and other staff. The Custodial Supervisor must be have strong communication, general maintenance knowledge and problem-solving ability. A full job description can be found out www.saintroseonline.org. Please send resumes, cover letter, and references to Rob Hohler at email@example.com.
(Posted January 17, 2020)
Pastoral Associate Position
St. Mary Catholic Church, Vermilion, Ohio, is announcing the opening of the full-time position of Pastoral Associate.
The ministry of the pastoral associate consists of collaborating with the pastor and pastoral council towards the formation of a lively, faith filled worshipping community. Responsibilities include directing a variety of aspects of parish life, e.g. liturgy, pastoral care, RCIA, sacramental preparation, adult faith formation, evangelization, social concerns, senior adult and young adult ministry. Further responsibilities are dependent upon the needs of the parish and the gifts he/she can offer to various groups and committees in the parish.
Applicants should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology and/or 12 academic credits in core theological courses. Proficiency and experience in Microsoft Office is preferred. The ideal candidate is a great communicator, self-motivated, organized, flexible, ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with employees/volunteers at all levels. Candidates must have the ability to respect, promote, accommodate, and not be in conflict with the mission, moral and social teachings, doctrines, and laws of the Roman Catholic faith.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education/experience. Position will be available in May of 2020, with shadowing opportunity beforehand. A detailed Job Description and Responsibilities List are available on request. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and list of at least three references to:
Rev. Paul Schreiner
Address: 731 Exchange St., Vermilion, OH 44089
(Posted January 17, 2020)
Business Manager Position
St. Mary Catholic Church, Defiance, Ohio, is announcing the opening of the full-time position of Business Manager. As a member of the Pastoral Staff, the applicant must desire to work in a model of collaborative leadership and have a love of people. The Business Manager will be responsible for handling the temporal affairs of the parish in an accurate, efficient, thorough and timely manner. Applicants should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree of Business Administration in Accounting or related field, with at least 3 years of bookkeeping or accounting experience. Knowledge in QuickBooks is essential. The ideal candidate is a great communicator, self-motivated, organized, flexible, knowledgeable of finance reports and legal tax guidelines and has some experience in fundraising. Candidates must have the ability to respect, promote, accommodate, and not be in conflict with the mission, moral and social teachings, doctrines, and laws of the Roman Catholic faith. Salary is competitive and commensurate with education/experience. Position open immediately. Ministry Description and Responsibilities are available on request. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and list of at least three references to:
Rev. Randy Giesige
Address: 715 Jefferson Avenue, Defiance, OH 43512
Financial Clerk- Norwalk Office
The Financial Clerk works under the direction of the AAS (Adult Advocacy Services) Program Coordinator to maintain and record financial receipts, client payable and reconcilation of client accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to outside inquiries including telephone calls, visitors and clients regarding budgets and payments; provide routine information requiring detailed knowledge of the agency and its programs.
- Assist the Program Coordinator and Guardians of Estate with maintaining client budgets including bill payment/ management and monthly individual account reconciliation.
- Input, update and maintain accurate information in client database.
- Assist the Quality Improvement Committee and Program Coordinator with regular Quantiative Reviews of client records, ensuring client confidentiality and record timeliness/ completeness.
- Print and distribute agency-wide financial reports as needed.
- Assist and support the Program Coordinator with various reports and projects.
- Regular attendance is essential for this position.
- Demonstrate a passion for the agency’s mission and values and commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- High school diploma with experience and or additional education in standard accounting practices preferred.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word. Must have a high level of knowledge in QuickBooks.
- Requires good written and oral communication skills, accurate and efficient typing skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrates knowledge of issues of diversity and their effect in the workplace as related to the population served.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Should pursue this ministry with energy and drive.
Must successfully pass the required BCI/FBI background check prior to employment and every five years.
This position will be thirty hours per week and the successful candidate will be eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Posted November 21, 2019)
Catholic Charities Diocese of Toledo seeks a Full-Time Case Manager to provide case management services to eligible homeless families and individuals in our Permanent Supportive Housing ministry out of our Toledo office. Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field and 5 years previous work in the area of social work (preferred). Must be able to work with diverse groups of people, have knowledge of community resources, have a valid driver’s license and successfully pass BCI/FBI background check. Catholic Charities serves the poor, speaks out for and assists the neglected and forgotten, while respecting and promoting life from beginning to end and nurturing and supporting individuals and families. Please submit resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.
(Posted September 3, 2019)
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Toledo seeks a confident, outgoing, enthusiastic initiative-taker with experience in fundraising for the position of Development Director.
This is a critical role that requires the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and a drive for results is key for this position along with strong empathy, a genuine interest in others, and the ability to build meaningful relationships. Success in this role requires strategic thinking along with the ability to see projects through to completion.
The Director will be responsible for agency fundraising, planned giving, major gift solicitations, donor prospecting, and special events. The Director will be adept at connecting with individuals and groups, and diligent in follow-up. Working closely with the Executive Director and the Board, the Development Director's duties will include:
- Planning and coordinating all fundraising activities
- Working on the design and implementation of a comprehensive development plan
- Maintaining progress reports on fundraising goals
- Preparing the departmental budget
- Working with the grants committee to research, identify and develop new funding sources
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with current and potential donors
- Working with staff, committees and consultants to prepare for special events
The successful candidate must have:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the area of Business, Development, or other related field
- A minimum of five years' experience in a senior development capacity. Fundraising with a faith-based social service agency is preferred
- Fluent and advanced oral and written communication skills
- A thorough working knowledge of development techniques such as annual giving, donor cultivation and foundation solicitation
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (word, outlook, excel) a working knowledge of fundraising software and a general knowledge of principles of accounting
- A sincere commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities and the ability to communicate the reasons for that commitment to others
- Must successfully pass the required BCl/FBI background check prior to employment and every five years
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Residential Specialist- Catholic Charities - Toledo
Catholic Charities Diocese of Toledo is seeking a part-time Residential Specialist for LaPosada, our 24- hour emergency family shelter in Toledo. Duties include: preparing meals for residents, assisting the program coordinator, maintaining daily staff logs, providing assistance and direction to residents, and ensuring all rooms are ready for occupancy. Candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to relate and provide direction to a diverse population. Candidate must have a high school degree or equivalent and successfully pass BCI/FBI background check. Catholic Charities serves the poor, speaks out for and assists the neglected and forgotten, while respecting and promoting life from beginning to end and nurturing and supporting individuals and families. Please submit a resume to email@example.com.
Part- time Residential Specialist- Catholic Charities – Norwalk, OH
Catholic Charities Diocese of Toledo seeks a Part-Time Residential Specialist for its Miriam House shelter in Norwalk, OH. The Miriam House is a transitional housing facility for women and their children. The Residential Specialist will assist the Senior Residential Specialist in all functions and operations of the facility. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: intake of information for individuals requesting shelter; maintenance of daily staff logs and progress notes; assisting residents with finding supportive services/resources; serving as liaison between residents and other shelter staff; providing assistance and direction to residents in such areas as preparing meals and completing household chores. Applicant must be able to handle confidential information and be willing to carry out the Code of Ethics of Catholic Charities USA ensuring that the dignity, rights and standard of service is protected for all shelter guests. Applicant must have a high school degree or equivalent and must be able to work independently with minimal direction. Must be available to work weekends and holidays. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to relate and provide direction to a diverse population. The successful applicant must pass the required BCI/FBI background check prior to employment. Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) Manager – Development Office
Status: Full Time - Exempt
Reports to: Mission Advancement Officer (MAO)-Diocese of Toledo Management Corporation
Primary Functions of This Position:
Coordinates and oversees ACA process as well as supports the development and implementation of the overall Major Gifts program for the Diocese of Toledo. Plans, organizes and manages the ACA.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrated success in annual fund programs with demonstrated success in growing annual appeals.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the philosophy and objectives of the Catholic Diocese of Toledo
- Baccalaureate degree in appropriate field, advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated computer knowledge and skills, especially fund development software (Parish Soft and Raisers Edge a plus)
- Above average communication skills including verbal, written and listening
- Above average interpersonal relations skills
- Ability to make decisions and be objective
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality
- Available for evening meetings
- Available to travel within the diocese 19 county area
- Demonstrated ability to produce creative annual appeal strategies
- Must successfully pass the required background check and all requirements of the Program for Child and Youth Protection prior to employment and maintain a satisfactory background check throughout employment.
Responsibility for Quantifiable Measures:
Position will be asked to develop and meet expected annual metrics and fundraising goals for the Diocese of Toledo.
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of the job. For a full detailed job description, please click here.
Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter, with salary expectations; resume and references to email@example.com
“Effectively, Efficiently and Evangelically”
(Posted January 8, 2020)
Position Title: Director of Cemeteries
Status: Full Time - Exempt
Reports to: Regional Director- Catholic Funernal Cemeteries Service (CFCS)
The Director of Cemeteries is responsible for executing the strategic goals of the three Toledo community cemeteries and funeral centers within the Catholic Diocese of Toledo, including sales, services, operations, grounds, and administration.
The Director of Cemeteries is an employee of Catholic Funeral Cemeteries Service (CFCS). This position will execute a strategic plan that drives growth, equips the team, builds partnerships, engages the market, and serves families through CFCS Programs. Directors of Cemeteries will demonstrate by example, CFCS’ Core Values–Share the Journey, Serve with Care, and Make It Happen–in all their dealings with families, staff, and internal/external contacts.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Director of Cemeteries will interact with Executive staff, Regional Directors, Location Managers, Regional Training Directors, Outreach Director, and other internal/external departments, personnel, and partners.
Education and Experience
• College degree preferred, and/or 4-6 years of successful executive management experience.
• Proven leadership in a public-facing, sales-driven, client services environment Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of the Catholic faith, rituals, and traditions
• Understanding the Order of Christian Funerals
• Able to conduct oneself with a “Family First” approach
• Proven managerial influence over multiple locations’ operations
• Experienced in financial planning and financial reporting metrics
• Comfortable executing on strategic plans, setting financial targets, and implementing growth strategies to improve financial performance of organization
• Knowledgeable of market conditions and competitor strengths/weaknesses
• Understands organization’s competitive advantage, value proposition, and market positioning • Capable of expanding market share into new markets
• Demonstrated leadership for serving the faith community
• Possess the ability to coach and motivate others to achieve greater results
• Proactive in developing organizational talent and attracting new talent
• Champion of initiatives that improve policies, processes, procedures, products, services, systems, and people
• Proficient in the use of computers, software, and technology
• Bilingual preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
Valid state issued driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance is required.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Posted October 2, 2019)
Sales Representatives- Diocese of Toledo Catholic Cemeteries
Family Service Advisors serve families with care and compassion, educating and guiding them through the process of making informed decisions for Cemetery & Funeral Advanced Planning, At-Need Cemetery, and Memorialization products and services. Family Service Advisors will demonstrate by example, CFCS’ Core Values–Share the Journey, Serve with Care, and Make It Happen–in all their dealings with families, staff, and internal/external contacts. Reporting to the Location Manager, Family Service Advisors interact with families, Family Service Directors, and other personnel/departments.
Education and Experience
- College degree preferred, and/or 2-4 years working in a sales environment having face-to-face contact with the customer
Position Requirements Include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of the Catholic faith, rituals, and traditions
- Knowledge of processes, principles, and methods for selling products and services
- Record of accomplishment in networking, developing leads, contacting referrals, setting appointments, and meeting monthly sales goals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both in person and on the telephone
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure and tight deadlines
- Proficient in the use of computers, software, and technology
- Valid state issued driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance is required
- Bilingual preferred
Interested candidates please send cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com
About the Employer
The Diocese of Toledo Cemetery Corporation is managed by Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services (CFCS). This is a charitable organization founded in faith and is an open source provider of information for end of life services–funeral, cremation, and cemetery. The Diocese of Toledo offers excellent compensation for motivated individuals, which includes a base salary plus sales commissions. Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick days; and eligible for defined retirement plan and 403b. Employment will go to those individuals whose knowledge, skills, and experience most closely qualifies them for the position offered without regard to race, color, sex, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
Principal- Diocese of Columbus
St. Matthew the Apostle Catholic School, located at 795 Havens Corners Road in Gahanna, is seeking an experienced and dynamic leader for the position of Principal beginning in the summer of 2020.
We are proud of our mission as a Catholic school community of believers who know, love and serve Jesus Christ. We celebrate the sacramental life of the Church, proclaim the saving message of Christ, and share the love of the Lord through academic rigor, self-discipline, and service to others. Further, we live out this mission through three key actions: worship, serve, and evangelize.
We are seeking a principal who is a demonstrated leader, capable of helping us grow in our mission of evangelization and excellence in education. Candidates must be a practicing Catholic and possess a Master’s degree and administrator’s license or be eligible to obtain one. A current FBI/BCI background check, attendance at the VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children seminar and a completed online administrator’s application for the Diocese of Columbus must be submitted as part of the application process.
Salary is commensurate with the candidate’s education and experience. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding opportunity, please forward a resume and letter of interest to Lisa Axene, HR Generalist with the Office of Catholic Schools at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, include in your submission, a letter of membership and parish participation, educational philosophy, and a list of five references.
The deadline for submission is Friday, February 21, 2020.
(Posted January 27, 2020)
Associate Superintendent for Human Resources
The Diocese of Youngstown is seeking highly qualified candidates for the full-time position of Associate Superintendent for Human Resources. This person is a member of the Office of Catholic Schools staff which provides oversight and support for 26 schools in a six-county area in northeast Ohio.
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools
- Practicing Roman Catholic
- Strong commitment to the mission and ministry of total Catholic education and Catholic schools in particular
- Appropriate academic preparation, advanced degree in educational administration preferred
- Evidence of significant, successful teaching/leadership experience in Catholic schools
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Some high school experience preferred
Purpose of Position:
The Associate Superintendent supervises the teacher hiring and evaluation processes and coordinates the development and implementation of personnel policies. The Associate Superintendent oversees the state licensure process, supervises the Local Professional Development Committee (LPDC), and coordinates the Resident Educator Program. The Associate Superintendent works collaboratively with the Office of Catholic Schools to plan professional development and other projects to benefit the schools in the Diocese of Youngstown. Other responsibilities may be included at the request of the Superintendent of Schools commensurate with an applicant's experience and skills.
Opening Notice: January 6, 2020
Deadline for Applications: February 4, 2020
Interview Date(s): To Be Announced
Effective Date: July 1,2020
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Ms. Mary Fiala
Superintendent of Schools Office of Catholic Schools
144 West Wood Street
Youngstown OH 44503
Further information can be obtained by calling (330) 744-8451, extension 286.
(Posted January 15, 2020)
Director of Catholic Charities & Social Concerns
Responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of services and programs. Position reviews on an ongoing basis services being offered and engage in development of new programs/services as needs emerge. They are responsible for ensuring that Catholic Charities services are in compliance with government and donor regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements. This position coordinates and has direct oversight of all Catholic Charities programs including Samaritan House and the Sacred Heart Center of Hope.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as stewardship, of Catholic Charities by being actively involved in oversight of all programs and services.
- Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout the program and service areas, focusing on systems/process improvement.
- Ensure that all program activities operate ethically and within regulatory guidelines in accordance with the mission and values of Catholic Charities.
- Manage Catholic Charities budget.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of Catholic Charities' program/service units through sound fiscal management.
- Provide leadership and input for all program planning and implementation with Diocesan leadership.
- Assess experience, skills and limitations of clients.
- Identifies opportunities suitable for clients.
- Assist clients in filling out applications.
- Serve as the official liaison between all secular, non-profit and government agencies and programs and the Diocese.
- Implement the mission, vision and values of Catholic Charities.
- Ensure ongoing local and diocesan programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize volunteers including the TOR Sisters, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and donors.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local and diocesan operations.
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional/Diocesan expansion of programs.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Design the expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets.
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the donors, and political and community leaders at each county.
- Oversee the daily operations of the organization, providing executive direction of all program strategy, compliance, quality assurance, and program efficiency.
- Identify and implement staffing requirements for efficient operations of all programs, maintaining a strong culture and work climate that attracts and retains staff, and drives Catholic Charities mission.
- Represent the organization and increase awareness of Catholic Charities and its program’s.
- Develop an actionable plan for fundraising and managing monthly cash flow.
- Develop and plan an annual fundraising event.
- Promotes Catholic Social Teaching and deepens commitment to Catholic Identity within the organization.
- Supervise Interns.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience working with a diverse group of people.
- Passionate about Catholic Charities' mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission, and values of Catholic Charities to external and internal stakeholders.
- Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles related to nonprofits.
- Able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Diligent and firm understanding of ethical practices.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience overall, with a minimum of five years of senior-leadership experience supervising seasoned staff operating multiple human services programs.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
- Must understand, support and embrace the mission of The Diocese of Steubenville.
- Willingness to travel throughout the 13 county area.
- May require occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Must exhibit a professional, respectful and courteous disposition when interacting with internal and external customers.
Work Place Factors:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. The position requires mobility. Minimum physical exertion. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity and coordination are required less than 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment. Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments.
Reports to: Vicar General
FLSA Status: Full-time (Exempt)
Hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm some evenings & weekends
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the Diocese’s growing needs.
(Posted January 8, 2020)
Spiritual Care Coordinator
Providence Care Center, Sandusky, Ohio
Providence Care Center is seeking a full-time Spiritual Care Coordinator to provide for the spiritual and religious needs of residents of all faiths as well as for presence and spiritual support to families and staff. In addition, the Coordinator schedules and oversees services in the chapel. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with the elderly, be able to lead a Catholic Liturgy of the Word with Communion Service, and be supportive of the Catholic heritage of Providence Care Center. A Master’s degree in theology, pastoral counselling or spirituality is preferred, as are two units of CPE.
Providence Care Center is a 138-bed Catholic skilled nursing facility in Sandusky, Ohio, which offers residents both long-term care and rehabilitation services. It is part of a two-campus continuum of care organization and is a member of CHI Living Communities, the long-term care ministry of Catholic Health Initiatives. For more information, see www.HomeIsHere.org.
(Posted October 2, 2019)